The Classics Department at The Episcopal Academy is looking to hire a Latin teacher for the 2021-2022 academic year. We are looking for a new colleague who is passionate about Classics and eager to share that enthusiasm with middle and upper school students. With courses offered in grades 7 through 12, our department is keen to add a versatile colleague to our collaborative and collegial team who is equally capable of teaching dynamic introductory courses alongside advanced and AP courses.
Who You Are
Making Latin accessible to all students and meeting them where they are have enabled us to grow the number of students taking Latin in recent years. A colleague with the following will be the most helpful to us as we look to continue this upward trend:
- Pedagogical approach that embraces the reading method and use of texts such as the Oxford Latin Course and the Cambridge Latin Courses
- Deep and varied teaching tool kit that includes project-based learning and various forms of authentic assessment
- A student-centered approach to teaching and learning, with an emphasis on making the curriculum relevant and meaningful to middle and upper school students
- Interest in running clubs and activities related to Classics
- Deep commitment to building and sustaining inclusive learning spaces
- Ability to teach Greek a plus, but certainly not required
Who We Are
While each employee at Episcopal brings a unique set of competencies and skills to their work, we believe all employees should:
- Be student-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embody and live The Stripes.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and list of three references as pdf documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Classics Faculty” in the subject line.
Position Term Begins: 2021-2022 School Year
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.