Roberta Stewart’s work with veterans in New Hampshire has recently been recognized with the SCS Outreach award (2017). Read her piece in Amphora, ‘Ancient Narratives and Modern War Stories: Reading Homer with Combat Veterans.’ Read a report on her work on the New Hampshire Humanities website.
New York Times piece on the Theater of War.
Some bibliography related to classics and veterans:
- Caston, Victor and Silke-Maria Weineck, eds. 2016. Our Ancient Wars: Rethinking War through the Classics. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
- Meineck, Peter and David Konstan, eds. 2014. Combat Trauma and the Ancient Greeks. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shay, Jonathan. 1994. Achilles in Vietnam: Combat Trauma and the Undoing of Character. New York: Scribner.
- Shay, Jonathan. 2002. Odysseus in America: Combat Trauma and the Trials of Homecoming. New York: Scribner.
- Tritle, Lawrence A. 2000. From Melos to My Lai: War and Survival. London: Routledge.